The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Before it's off to the holiday season I took one more spin with this classic Bossa Nova Song.
    I drew inspiration from Ted Greene, whose arrangement in the key of E is certainly responsible for this outing:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful,a really nice arrangement.I've been thinking about getting a Godin nylon string, Can you tell me what model that is and how is the action on these guitars?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jribbentrop
    Before it's off to the holiday season I took one more spin with this classic Bossa Nova Song.
    I drew inspiration from Ted Greene, whose arrangement in the key of E is certainly responsible for this outing:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz
    Beautiful,a really nice arrangement.I've been thinking about getting a Godin nylon string, Can you tell me what model that is and how is the action on these guitars?

User Info Menu

I have played and performed many arrangements of this chart over the last 55 years, since I first heard it and my mother first showed me the basics.

Your version in E is excellent and sounds magnificent on your Godin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz
    Thanks!
    This model is the ACS Rosewood HG, where ACS is the synth access (I dont use it) Rosewood is just for the optics (ok, I fell for it)
    and HG is High Gloss finish. There was a thread here recently where the Multiacs were discussed and I guess the
    Ambience Model got the vote for being among the best. I ended up with this one and I am quiet happy.
    I was surprised though, with the radiused fretboard and the 48mm nut width it doesnt feel as comfy as I expected
    and the action is similar to my classical guitar. I guess I have to fine tune the truss rod a bit more.

All in all, if you have a jazz/pop/rock background and play a lot of nylon, I certainly recommend it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    I have played and performed many arrangements of this chart over the last 55 years, since I first heard it and my mother first showed me the basics.

Your version in E is excellent and sounds magnificent on your Godin.
    Thanks Greentone!

What a nice background with your mother. I'll be singing christmas carols with my mom soon, and we'll be arguing
    about intros and keys for sure. Can't wait

User Info Menu

That's how girl from ipanema should sound. The tune can be overdone, but when I hear it like that I'm thinking yes yes yes. So pleasing with the subtlety of everything and I love the lil intro motif. Did that originally come from the Joao version or was it written in the tune?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clint 55
    That's how girl from ipanema should sound. The tune can be overdone, but when I hear it like that I'm thinking yes yes yes. So pleasing with the subtlety of everything and I love the lil intro motif. Did that originally come from the Joao version or was it written in the tune?
    Glad you like it, Clint. I have only heard this intro on the Getz/Gilberto recording. Joao likes to set songs up with a one-chord intro, so I'm guessing that this was his idea.